Thursday, June 2, 2016

ONE NATION UNDER GOD

In my previous post I listed a website that involved spiritual prophecy.  Normally, I would not have given much credence to this, not because I don't believe in prophecy, but because I think a lot of so called prophecy is self-indulgent and designed to promote the individual.  I did start to listen to this show out of raw curiosity, but it made enough connection with my own belief structure that I ended up listening to the whole hour of the discussion.  (The link is posted on a previous post Food for Thought).

Starting with the basics of my own beliefs, I am:

I believe that mankind was created in our current form, and the blueprint used was the God who created us.  
           
I believe as that type of being, the existence we are living in consists of body, mind and spirit. 

I believe the Old Testament and scriptures exist; showing us the nature of God’s relationship with mankind. 

I believe in the fall of Lucifer from God’s grace and the battle in the spiritual realm, defined as good versus evil. 

I believe the spiritual part of our existence manifests itself throughout our material existence. 

I believe the battle over the souls of mankind goes on in both realms.  I am in agreement with those who think the final battle of our world is inevitable. This battle is nearer than many would like to believe.

I believe discernment is required. We should not accept any postings of information as gospel. 

The United States of America has truly been blessed far beyond any nation in the known history of mankind.  We have been a nation united by a commonality of the values of Judeo/Christian beliefs.  Our legal system originated out of the Ten Commandments and the freedom of choice by our Creator.

Recent surveys of our population have shown the majority of our people think our country is moving in the wrong direction in regards to the general operation of our country.  One survey I have not seen yet is the one that asks about how the Christians view the direction of the spiritual component of our country. More importantly, how do we think God would view the direction of our society’s spiritual walk on this planet?

In the last 75 years I have seen the insidious creep of devaluing the presence of God’s touch on the United States. The conflict is quite evident throughout the world. We can see the attacks made on our morality, our beliefs and on the things that have made our country one of the greatest has ever seen.  The attacks are on every front and are felt by all.  We have seen our country’s educational system dominated by misleading promotion of false history and ideologies.  We have seen the constant attacks on anything to do with the existence and reverence given to God.  We have watched as our entertainment and our news media have propagated a story line deigned to destroy the moral fabric of our society.  Most of all we have seen the acceptance of murder (remember “thou shalt not kill”), in the form of abortion.

I vote for a reversal of direction.
I vote for the United States of America

I vote for unity; I vote for truth; I vote for honesty; I vote for ONE NATION UNDER GOD

No comments:

Post a Comment