Friday, August 5, 2016

I WISH IT WERE

https://www.facebook.com/meawwcom/videos/1196996217037687/


I’m pretty sure most of us would like some things in our life to be a bit different; especially those things we have no control over.   For example:    other people; our past; and most assuredly our world.  We exist not in one world to wish things were different but each relationship and group of relationships are like different worlds we have to manage our way around in.  To make it even more difficult, those worlds very seldom stay in their own orbit.  They seem to gravitate toward one another in unpredictable and in some cases unwanted paths.  To put it mildly, the complexity of our lives increases exponentially the further our life expands and interacts with other people, families, cities, nations and the mega world in general.  Sometimes we have to slow down, step back and inspect our lives comparing what we find to be against what we would like things to be.  We need to affect our worlds in a positive manner, changing our trajectory and sometimes those of others who are affecting our end results.

I wish I were more perfect, not only in my own perspective but in the estimation of all the worlds I impact.  Sadly, I possess an adequate inferiority complex.  It’s handy in enabling me to understand imperfection exists.  I wish I had an excellent and loving relationship with everyone in my world of family, friends and acquaintances.  Unfortunately, that is not always the case.  The good news is those things we are directly involved in can be corrected and improved.  Hopefully, to become as we wish.  We are always a work in progress, wanting to improve and be our best.  We do all things and make all decisions lives based on our best knowledge at the time.

I wish other choices were as easy.  They are not.   When our world is expanded to include our neighborhoods, our country and in some cases multiple nations, our decisions have to be made on somewhat nebulous information.  I wish we could believe our media, our politicians, our educators, our friends and family.  If the truth serum infused with fact were injected into those worlds, without fail, we could make a good decision easily.  That serum does not exist.  I wish it did.  That leaves us with making a decision for our country based on our own beliefs, ideologies and on what we want from our own wish list.  Since we doubt the honesty of what we hear out of the mouths of others, it’s totally up to us individually and we need to find honesty within ourselves at least.  We need to know what parts of our reality is real and what is fantasy created by infused falsehood.

I wish I could see into the future.  I wish I could see and know what would be best for our nation, our society, and the people of the large extended world we exist in.  We are lucky to live in a nation born under the rule of law, one that has written into those laws a basic right to excel individually, an economic system that has allowed individuals to climb above their station of birth.  I am proud to live in a nation, in a society that has helped itself and other nations in the world to achieve those same freedoms.  I wish all of our citizens would see the diamond in our nation’s nature and not just the lump of coal it came from.  I wish all of my wishes had already been granted.  They haven’t.

I wish we had a government of the people and for the people.  We don’t.  Our government, designed to be minimal, is now bloated with professional politicians, regulatory bureaucrats on both national and local levels.  Many of those folks speak and perform not to benefit our society but to maintain a personal level of power.  This has occurred because we the people have been misled by the very people charged with presenting us with truthful factual information.  I wish this had occurred.  It hasn’t.  We need to demand it.  I wish we would.  We don’t.

When we as individuals make our decisions and choices out of anger, ideology, racism, bigotry, etc. the fact is we are making our decision ignorantly.  I wish this would work for us.  It doesn’t.  Repairing our own world must come first and hopefully, we make those repairs in time to make wise decisions this coming November.

·         I think I have my own wish list coming together.

·         I wish we could elect folks who will help folks be their best possible self, by example.
·         I wish we could elect folks who will give our nation a sense of unity, a sense of forgiveness and understanding.
·         I wish we could elect folks who help us all realize that labeling people as one color or the other hurts us all.
·         I wish we could elect folks with the drive to help our nation as a whole, not just to enhance their own chance of electability.
·         I wish we would all reach for the same attitude we see in the biblical Good Samaritan, me included.
·         I wish we could and would love our neighbor as ourselves, and treat him as we would like to be treated.
·         I wish those that spread hatred and anger would just dry up and blow away.

I wish all these were easily attained, but they are not.

Pray for discernment, for your neighbors’ well-being, and your country.


God Bless the USA

No comments:

Post a Comment