Wednesday, October 12, 2016

COMMMON SENSE OR PRIDE?

Yep. I’m one of those bible clutching, gun toting, reprehensible Christian rednecks.  I’m also voting for Mr. Trump, not because I like what he has said, but for what I have seen in his accomplishments.  That is just one reason but the big one is I will do everything I can to prevent our country, our way of life to continue in a state of erosion.
I see a huge battle being continued in our GOP party about who and what set of ideology best represents the conservative side of the aisle.  There are some who are so proud of themselves and the stick-to-it-ness that they exhibit by shutting all chance of change.  One thing comes immediately to mind and that is the statement “Pride goeth before the fall”.
The bible, at least the one I have read a bit of, has a lot of common sense strung through all those words and pages.   Might remind some of us, and myself, about some of that common sense. One of the first things I remember is that there are what are called the “Seven Deadly Sins”, of which pride is a champion.  The second thing that jumps into mind is that the downfall for Satan was the mistake of pride in deciding his position as equal to his Creator. The third common sense item quoted is “a kingdom divided against itself will fall”.
I include a list of some other quotations we might find applicable to our political landscape.  Think about it.:
Galatians 6:4, Each one should test their own actions. Then they can take pride in themselves alone, without comparing themselves to someone else. 
Isaiah 2:12, The LORD Almighty has a day in store for all the proud and lofty, for all that is exalted (and they will be humbled). 
Jeremiah 9:23, Let not the wise boast of their wisdom.
Proverbs 11:2, When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
 Proverbs 18:12, Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor.
Need I say more to our GOP, Conservative staunch “Never Trumpers” that the common sense on this election cycle is we are in jeopardy of not only losing this battle but in fact the Obama factor has spread through our ranks.  What is the Obama factor, it is basically pulling up stakes before the battle is won.

Pray for our Country, Pray for common sense

No comments:

Post a Comment